Sunday, June 24, 2012

More Photos


Almost reached Tonglu


wildflowers


the Iris Lily.


moth fresh out of its cocoon


view on the way down from tonglu


The shy Mt. Kanchenjunga


schoolchildren and a dog in Rimbick


Jorayopokhri, literally means deer-lake. The magical place inside the forest


Water lily in Jorayopokhri


Ashilo( wild strawberries)


Chayo (mushroom). We picked it off a tree-trunk, cooked and ate it!


Flowers rarely seen on this plant
yellow himalayan raspberry, on the way to Timburey. Photo by Reesoom


Himalayan newt, on my plam, at Pokhritar


Our tent and the boys on the matching vehicle. Borrowed it from the forest authorites at Pokhritar
Drinking chhang, a local liquor. Photo by Mrinal Pal.


Road from Pokhritar down to Dilaram.
Some more photos from the Dhotray-Tonglu-Rimbick-Timburey-Pokhritar trek. I can't help but keep looking back at these. Not much to write about today, except that the damn monsoon finally hit kolkata and I'm liking it. Like the photos? Tell me about it in the comments. Have a great week ahead.
XOXOX

P.S. If you ever visit the Darjeeling region for a trek, be sure to check wikimapia. Trace the route and you will find nice homestays( with contact details) to live in the villages. That's the best way to enjoy the typical village-life of the place.

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos, it all looks amazing! Thanks for sharing XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice photos!

    New post!
    http://curlsandfrecklescs.blogspot.it/2012/08/wearing-cates-bracelets-un-tocco-di.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! come and check out my blog maybe we can follow each other :) http://marschristie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vacation pictures.
    I'll love to travel a lot too.
    Please check my blog and fallow me, I'll already fallow you!
    www.outof-afra.blogspot.com
    Thank you!
    xo
    Afra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos!
    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and bloglovin'?
    <3
    visit me soon on http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/2014/03/tidebuy-wishlist-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures!! Just found your blog, would you like to follow each other?
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!If you like my blog follow me and I will definitely return the favour.XOXOX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...